MC3 connectors are a type of single contact connector commonly used for connecting photovoltaic panels. MC3 stands for “Multi Contact” with a 3mm² contact assembly pin. They are typically rated at 20 ampere and 600 volts DC maximum (UL). (conductor size used and rating system dependant).
MC3 Connectors and Leads incorporate a flexible watertight seal and are supplied as ‘male’ and ‘female’ types to minimise the chance of wrong connections. For proper application usage, they are connected with UV resistant, correct diameter cable. The connector pairs hold together by friction and suction only.
- First series PV plug connector on the world market
- Proven Multilam technology with high long-term stability
- Has been installed millions of times over 14 years
- Available for assembly with cross sections of 10mm²
The components of the MC connector system for photovoltaics are designed to allow time-saving and safe serial and parallel wiring of PV modules for building-integrated and free-standing solar installations. For practical use the connector systems MC3 and MC4 are available, depending on the existing modules or inverters.
- Diameter Ø 3 mm
- Rated current
max. 30 A for 6 mm²
max. 20 A for < 4 mm²
- System voltage max. 1000 V
- Degree of protection, connected IP65
- Protection class II
- Temperature range -40°C to +90°C
- TÜV Rheinland – type approved
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][contact-form-7 id=”2456″][/vc_column][/vc_row]