Solar Mounting Frames
Sundriven uses Radiant and Clenergy mounting frames in the majority of installations.
Clenergy is a manufacturer of high quality, long life solar racking systems made from aluminium and stainless steel. The frames are tough, secure, and efficient solar racking gear backed by an industry-leading warranty.
Radiant Australia’s solar racking systems have patented spring-loaded rail clip and clamps and come pre-assembled so panels can be installed fast. Their solar racking solutions are manufactured from high grade aluminium and stainless steel and come with a 10 year warranty.
Both mounting frame companies supply frames that are backed by AS/NZS1170 compliance certificates.
Below are the main types of solar mounting frames…
Solar modules mounted on solar trackers
Solar trackers increase the amount of energy produced per module at a cost of mechanical complexity and need for maintenance. They sense the direction of the Sun and tilt the modules as needed for maximum exposure to the light.
Fixed racks hold modules stationary as the sun moves across the sky. The fixed rack sets the angle at which the module is held. Tilt angles equivalent to an installation’s latitude are common. Most of these fixed racks are set on poles above ground.
Ground mounted solar power systems consist of solar modules held in place by racks or frames that are attached to ground based mounting supports.
Ground based mounting supports include:
- Pole mounts, which are driven directly into the ground or embedded in concrete.
- Foundation mounts, such as concrete slabs or poured footings
- Ballasted footing mounts, such as concrete or steel bases that use weight to secure the solar module system in position and do not require ground penetration. This type of mounting system is well suited for sites where excavation is not possible such as capped landfills and simplifies decommissioning or relocation of solar module systems.
Roof-mounted solar power systems consist of solar modules held in place by racks or frames attached to roof-based mounting supports.
Roof-based mounting supports include:
- Pole mounts, which are attached directly to the roof structure and may use additional rails for attaching the module racking or frames.
- Ballasted footing mounts, such as concrete or steel bases that use weight to secure the panel system in position and do not require through penetration. This mounting method allows for decommissioning or relocation of solar panel systems with no adverse effect on the roof structure.
- All wiring connecting adjacent solar modules to the energy harvesting equipment must be installed according to local electrical codes and should be run in a conduit appropriate for the climate conditions
A Flat metal roof with tilted mounting frames in Deception Bay, QLD. (Installed by Sundriven)
Solar modules mounted on a commercial building (Installation by Sundriven)
Leave A Message or Get A Quote
[vc_row][vc_column width="2/3"][vc_column_text] SunLock GroundLock SunLock GroundLock is the modular Sunlock ground mounted Solar PV Array mounting system. Designed and manufactured in Australia by SunLock, GroundLock offers a high level of adjustability for terrain...
[vc_row][vc_column width="2/3"][vc_column_text] SunLock SunLock is an Australian designed and manufactured solar panel mounting system. Utilising custom built aluminium extrusions and components, the design of the SunLock system streamlines construction and improves...
[vc_row][vc_column width="2/3"][vc_column_text] Sunlock PoleLock Pole Mount The PoleLock Solar Panel Mounting System SOLAR PANEL INSTALLATION MADE SIMPLE The SunLock PoleLock pole mount system is an Australian designed and manufactured pole mounted solar panel...