FOR SOLAR HOME SYSTEMS UP TO 170 WATTS
Morningstar’s well-known high quality and reliability is now available in a low cost solar controller. The Morningstar SHS Controller is ideal for rural electrification systems with one to three solar panels. This controller meets World Bank specifications and provides many features and benefits.[/vc_column_text][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/1″][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
Benefits of a Solar Controller
It is important to include a controller in a solar power system.
Reduces Cost of Battery Replacements
The low voltage disconnect will increase battery life. The loads are automatically disconnected when the battery is low and automatically reconnected after the battery is recharged.
Complete charging will increase battery life and storage capacity. The controller will maximize the amount of solar energy into the battery and avoid drying out the battery.
Provides Useful Information
LEDs display status information and battery level which helps the user to better operate the solar power system.
Advantages of the SHS Controller
The Morningstar SHS controller has many advantages compared to other controllers:
The Morningstar SHS was specifically designed to meet the needs of the rural electrification market. The low cost resulted from using the latest electronic technology and high volume manufacturing.
Morningstar is a world-leading supplier of solar charge controllers. All our controllers are designed for high quality and high reliability. The Morningstar SHS controller has a low failure rate and will last a long time.
The Morningstar SHS has built-in electronic fuses that do not require replacement. Any wiring mistakes during installation will not damage the controller.
The Morningstar SHS electronics are protected with a moisture-tight coating, minimizing damage from humidity and from nesting insects.
Easy to Use
The Morningstar SHS controller is fully automatic and requires no adjustments or user selections.
RATINGS: (ALL 12 VOLT)
SHS-6 100 WATTS OR 6 AMPS FOR SOLAR AND LOAD
SHS-10 170 WATTS OR 10 AMPS FOR SOLAR AND LOAD
- Regulation Point 14.3 Volts
- Low voltage Disconnect 11.5 Volts
- Low voltage Reconnect 12.6 Volts
- Type of Charging
- Series PWM
- 4 Stage: Bulk, PWM, Boost and Float
- Temperature compensated charging
- Electronic Protections
- Short circuit and overcurrent: solar and load
- Reverse polarity: solar, load, battery
- Reverse current at night
- High voltage: load
- Lightning: solar, load, battery
- Circuit Board — conformal coated
- Terminals — corrosion protected
- LED Indications
- Green charging
- Green-Yellow-Red battery levels
- Red low voltage warning and disconnect
- All 3 LEDs blink: to show mistakes
- Terminals For wire sizes to 6 mm2
- Dimensions 15.1 x 6.6 x 3.6 cm
- Weight 113 g
- Self-consumption 8 mA maximum
- Temperature –25°C to +50°C
- Humidity 100% non-condensing
- Enclosure IP 22
- Compliance CE, World Bank
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]WARRANTY: Two year warranty period. Contact Morningstar or your authorized distributor for complete terms.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]