Morningstar SunSaver Duo TM
TWO BATTERY SOLAR CONTROLLER WITH REMOTE METER
The Morningstar SunSaver Duo is an advanced PWM two battery controller for RV’ s, caravans, boats and cottages. This product will charge two separate and isolated batteries at the same time, such as a “house” and an engine battery, based on user selectable priorities.
The Morningstar SunSaver Duo employs Morningstar’ s legendary SunSaver controller technology, whose long-term track record for high reliability and improved battery charging is well-recognized in the solar industry. This controller also includes a backlit remote meter which may be mounted in or on a wall, and displays digital and pictorial status information about the solar power system.
The Morningstar SunSaver Duo is epoxy encapsulated for environmental protection, is user adjustable via DIP switch or connection to a personal computer, and has an optional remote temperature sensor.
Key Features and Benefeits
Two Battery Charging
Solar charge current is shared between the two batteries based on a user selectable priority. When one battery is fully charged, all of the charge current flows to the other battery.
Provides Useful Information
The remote meter and LED’ s display system status data and any system errors. Custom icons and back lighting make the meter easy to read and understand.
Two battery charging eliminates the added cost of two separate solar charging systems and the need for isolation between the batteries.
Easy to Install
The controller is installed near the batteries using the clearly labeled large wire terminals. The remote meter may be mounted in the wall or on the wall using the included frame. Also includes the meter wiring with RJ-11 connector.
Longer Battery Life
Four stage series PWM pulse charging and temperature compensation increases the useful life of the batteries.
Extensive Electronic Protections
The controller will not be damaged by wiring mistakes during installation. There are no fuses to replace, and the controller will automatically re-set after a wiring mistake.
Epoxy encapsulation protects the controller against dust and high humidity. Efficient electronics and a conservative thermal design allow the controller to operate reliably at high temperatures. Five year warranty and estimated 15 year life.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″]
- Rated Solar Input 25 amps
- Rated Load Output Not applicable
- Battery Voltage 12 volts
- Min. Battery Voltage 1 volt
- Max. Battery Voltage 15 volts
- Max. Solar Voltage 30 volts
- Self Consumption
- Controller 6 to 10 milliamps
- Remote meter 6 to 15 milliamps
- Operating Ambient Temperature
- Controller –40°C to +45°C / –40°F to +113°F
- Meter –20°C to +60°C / –4°F to +140°F
- Humidity 100% non-condensing
- Epoxy encapsulation
- Anodized aluminum case
- Corrosion resistant terminals
- Meter Conformal coated printed circuit board
- Charging status
- Battery level
- Battery #1 & #2 voltage
- Battery charge priority
- Minimum / maximum voltages
- Solar charging amps / amp-hours
- Solar Short Circuit
- Solar Over Current
- Reverse Polarity
- High Temperature
- Reverse Current at Night
- Regulation Voltage
- Sealed Battery 14.1 volts (at 25°C, 77°F)
- Flooded Battery 14.4 volts (at 25°C, 77°F)
- Float Voltage 13.7 volts
- Equalization Voltage* 14.8 volts
- Temp. Compensation –30 millivolts per °C (25°C reference)
- Type of Charging
- Series PWM
- 4 stage: bulk, PWM, float, and equalize*
*used on flooded battery only
- Battery Charging Priority
- 90% / 10%
- 50% / 50%
- Customize via PC connection
- Controller 17.0 x 5.6 x 4.1 cm / 6.7 x 2.2 x 1.6 in.
- Meter 9.7 x 9.7 x 3.1 cm / 3.8 x 3.8 x 1.2 in.
- Meter back
- 7.4 cm / 2.9 in. diameter
- 2.8 cm / 1.1 in. deep
- Fits 7.6 cm / 3 in. round hole
- Controller 260 g / 0.57 lb
- Meter 135 g / 0.30 lb
- Largest wire 16 mm2 (#6 AWG)
- Meter wire 10 m / 33 ft
- Remote Temperature Sensor: Measures temperature at battery for improved battery charging
- CE Compliant
- Manufactured in a certified ISO 9001 facility
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]WARRANTY: Five year warranty period. Contact Morningstar or your authorized distributor for complete terms.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]